ART EXHIBITIONS AND EVENTS
2008 - 2020
THE WINNERS OF “THE 13TH CHINESE BRIDGE DRAWING/PAINTING CONTEST”
We will award $50 tuition discounts to students who placed 1st, 2nd, 3rd and excellence. These discounts apply to next semester.
2nd Place 亚军 Rosanne Chen Thurs. 4:30pm Class
Honorable Mention 优异 Elisa Li Fri. 4:30pm Class
Honorable Mention 优异 Preston Wang Sat. 9:00 Class
1st- 2nd 一到二年级园绘画
3rd Place 季军 Frank Ouyang Sun. 5:00pm Class
3rd Place 季军 Melinda Chen Sun. 6:00pm Class
3rd Place 季军 Kristy Zhu Sat. 2:00pm Class
Honorable Mention 优异 Celine Chen Sat. 6:00pm Class
6th- 8th Grades 六到八年级绘画
1st Place 冠军 Michelle Song Fri. 7:30pm Class
2nd Place 亚军 Holly Lee Sat.11:00 Class
2nd Place 亚军 Joy Jin Fri. 7:30pm Class
3rd Place 季军 Alex Sima Sun. 3:00pm Class
Honorable Mention 优异 Annalie Ma Tues. 4:30pm Class
Honorable Mention 优异 Rachel Shen Sat. 7:00pm Class
Honorable Mention 优异 Natalie Lin Fri. 7:30pm Class
Honorable Mention 优异 Lea Huang Sun. 3:00pm Class
8th- 12th Grades 八到十二年级绘画
3rd Place季军 Dana HuSat. 7:00pm Class
2015 California Coastal Commission awards two Asian Arts Studio students
Two of our high school students, Kamilla Woo (current 3:00pm, Sunday afternoon class) and Alisha Tam (current 7:00pm Friday evening class), received Honorable Mention from the California Coastal Commission in this year’s art contest. They competed against 2,500 other young artists from all over California. We offer joyful congratulations to Kamilla and Alisha. We also offer a grateful appreciation to all the artists who worked so faithfully and diligently to prepare their art for submission to this prestigious competition.
亚洲美术工作室（Asian Arts Studio）于２０１０年11月 １５日星期一中午12点到下午4点30分
The Bay Area Young Artists Exhibition 2010
Both the Sing Tao Daily and the World Journal have published the news of
the Bay Area Young Artists Exhibition this week. The publication on
Sing Tao Daily was on Wednesday, and the publication on the world Journal
was on the Thursday.
- January 31, 2017: The California Coastal Art Contest Entries must be postmarked by January 31, 2017, (free).
- January 31, 2017: Bring required works to Asian Arts School to win a rubber duck (free).
- February 16-19, 2017: The AAS Human Proportion quick drawing Contest, 2101 Taraval Street, SF, CA 94116
- March 18, 2017: The 13th Chinese Bridge Cup Contests. It will take place at Theodore Roosevelt Middle School (460 Arguello Blvd, San Francisco, CA, 94118) ,
- April 29-May 7, 2017: 9 AAS students’ works will be selected to participate, at the Asian Art Museum, 200 Larkin Street, San Francisco, CA 94102.
(Art pieces must be well framed and without glass.) (Free)
- May 20 ,2017: AAS Outdoor Art Show from 11:00 to 1:00 pm, at 3950 Scott Street San Francisco,
- CA 94123. for anyone who wants to join. (An easel is required, and the art work needs to be simply framed without glass.)
- December 30, 2017: The deadline to enter the "Modeling the Masters" is December 17, 2017, (We recommend that students turn in their work well before the deadline.) December 30, 2017 Saturday, The exhibition opening will be from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm at Asian Arts School, 2101 Taraval Street, SF, CA 94116, Everyone is invited to this exhibition.
“Youth Art Festival" at the Asian Arts Museum
Elementary School: Agnes Qiu, Chloe Hui, Evelyn Chuang
Middle School: Natalie Lin, Sunny Lee, Alexa Crondall
High School: Claire Lin, Ying Chen, Robert Shi
54 of our young artists have competed for a space at the “Youth Art Festival" at the Asian Arts Museum. Since had only 3 available spaces for each of the 3 levels: elementary, middle and high school, someone had to choose the nine artists for the exhibition. Well-known artist Hung Liu served as our judge again this year. She said: “It was very hard for me to select the winners because your students’ works are all very good. The subjects of their art work and the ways they portrayed them are very impressive, especially at the high school level; I could have almost chosen everyone.”
School dddress: 2101 Taraval Street
San Francisco, CA 94116
Mailing dddress: 80 Springfield Drive
San Francisco, CA 94132
Phone: (415) 297-3072
The AAS Human-proportion Quick Drawing Contest 人物速写比赛
This Project is ONLY for AAS Level 3 and above students. Three contests will be conducted in 3 two-hour classes on February 17, 18, and 19th. The first-place award for each contest is $50. The judges will be Xiaojie Chen, Ming Ouyang, and Gregory Collins.
Athena Xue, Carolyn Chan, Sunnie Lee, Catherine Ko, Robert Shi, Denise Wei, Dana Hu, Elizabeth Ouyang, Alan Liu, Melody Zhang, Annabel Sun, Castalia Chiu, Calista Chiu,
- January 14, 2018: “Draw for a Ducky” is an OPTIONAL activity for the basic-level students that have extra energy. Students draw at home from the Drawing Instruction Book by Lin Wei at Amazon.com, then submit their completed works in color by January 14th to win a rubber ducky.
Level-1 students are required to submit three pictures in color.
Level-2 students are required to submit six pictures in color.
- January 28, 2018: is the deadline for entries to the California Coastal Commission's Coastal Art & Poetry Contest for K-12 students of Asian Arts School. I will bring the submitted works to the Coastal Art & Poetry Contest office before their deadline of January 31st. http://www.coastal.ca.gov/publ iced/poster/poster.html .
- February 5-9, 2018: Lin Wei teaches Chinese Painting at (CAIS) Chinese America International School to 1st-5th grades, 260 students.
- February, 2018: The Chinese Bridge Drawing/Painting Contest will come soon (around the time of Chinese New Year). We will be conducting exercises for this contest a few weeks ahead of the event. We want to be ready for this one!
- March 14-March 12, 2018: 9 AAS students’ works will be selected to participate in the SFUSD Arts Festival at the Asian Art Museum, 200 Larkin Street, San Francisco, CA 94102. (Art pieces must be well framed and without glass.) (Free)
- November 3 & 4, 2018: Asian Arts School Fine Arts Exhibition as part of SFOS 2018 Open Studio Week
- January 28 to February 1, 2019: Lin Wei teaches Chinese Painting at Chinese American International School (CAIS), 1st-5th grades, 260 students.
- January 31, 2019: California Coastal Commission's Coastal Art & Poetry Contest for K-12 students of Asian Arts School. Entries must be postmarked by
January 31, 2019. Artwork may not exceed 11" x 17 ". http://www.coastal.ca.gov/publ iced/poster/poster.html
- February 9, 2019: 11am to 2pm. Outdoor performance and landscape drawing at The County Fair Building, 9th Avenue and Lincoln Way. (Canceled because of rain)
- February 15, 2019: Registration for Chinese Bridge Drawing/Painting Contest.
- April 6, 2019: Live Portrait Contest for the advanced students from our 2-hour class group.
- March 25 to 29, 2019: AAS Art and Mandarin Spring Camp (1 Week)
- April 27 to May 5, 2019: SFUSD Arts Festival at the Asian Art Museum, 200 Larkin Street, San Francisco, CA 94102. The artwork of 9 AAS students will be selected to appear in this exhibition. (Art pieces must be well framed and without glass.) There is no entry fee for this event.
- June 1, 2019: Youth Cross-Border Art Exhibition 青少年跨国界绘画展. The deadline for entries is May 15. 2019
- June 10 through August 2 2019: AAS Art and Mandarin Summer Camp (8 Weeks)
- June 4 through August 4 2019: Summer Art Classes on Afternoons or Weekend (9 Weeks)